|Born:||February 26, 1983, Poway, CA|
|Began riding:||1986, age 3|
|First race:||1990, age 7|
|Training:||weight training, road and mountain biking, swimming|
|Hobbies:||personal watercraft, basketball, billiards, paintball|
|Height/weight:||5' 10"/165 lb.|
|Current race bike:||Kawasaki KX450|
|Favorite Riders:||Jeremy McGrath, Ricky Johnson, David Bailey|
The Low-down on Laninovich
...I'm not a quitter; I never have given up.
(Billy Laninovich to Racer X 2007)
Never giving up is what Laninovich does on every track, every single time he rides and it shows every season as he places consistently in the top ten. But his numbers only tell half the tale, not quitting is the sole quality that has repeatedly brought Laninovich back from significant injuries, through painful months of rehabilitation, back to a rigorous training schedule and ultimately back to the track where he never gives up. Laninovich's never quit, never give up approach to racing garnered him a steady rise to the top ten in his early career, posting top five season finishes in 2003, 2005 and 2006. Following yet another knee injury in 2006, Laninovich again came back strong in 2007 to finish 6th in the Supercross Lites West Series.
Laninovich credits his family with providing a strong support system for him. He happily relates that They are always there for me, and they're also my biggest fans.
- 2nd - Chase Field - Phoenix, AZ January 14, 2006
- 3rd - Angel Stadium - Anaheim, CA January 7, 2006
- 3rd - Toronto Supercross, Canada December 4th 2005
- 2nd - Reliant Park - Houston, TX April 30, 2005
- 3rd - Vancouver Supercross, Canada February 21, 2005
- 2nd - Angel Stadium - Anaheim, CA February 5, 2005
- 1st - SBC Park - San Francisco, CA January 29, 2005
- 1st - Genoa, Italy December 21st, 2004
- 2nd - Rice-Eccles Stadium - Salt Lake City, UT April 26, 2003
- 3rd - Edison International Field - Anaheim, CA January 18, 2003
- 3rd - Angel Stadium - Anaheim, CA February 22, 2002